Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Best Dad Ever...

A rough blue line, a quick inking and a few squirts of color and you have my depiction of something awful I saw today while walking in downtown Burbank. On our way to Starbucks after a sandwich lunch, the TUFF Puppy guys and I saw this saggy, baggy, dopey-looking dad holding his few-month-old baby like a football or a heavy sack of potatoes. The poor, little tyke had no neck support and his fair skin was fully exposed to the blazing midday sun. It was darn-near child abuse. We couldn't believe our eyes and we all wanted to give that dad a slug in the gut! What a slacker! I was so ticked off, I had to do this sketch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sarcasm in the blog title...some people should never have children.

-Bridge

Anonymous said...

This is preposterous. I'm sure dude left your Dad sensibilities reeling. Great inspiration for a sketch, though. I hope baby is okay and that someone gives "Best Dad" a talking to.
--MJ

Todd Oman said...

haha you mean that is not how you hold a baby?

Chris Kennett said...

It's crazy, you need a licence to own a dog, yet any idiot-hole can have a kid. I'm with you, slug the jerk in the guts. Might even fly over and do it myself.

Great drwaing though, on the plus side.